The Resident Manager program trains formerly-homeless men for placement as Resident Managers in four Safe Haven shelter locations in Milwaukee County. This program is a collaboration with Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Department.
The Guest House provides 150 hours of both classroom education and field experience to prepare trainees in areas of resident management, household safety and security, First Aid and CPR, crisis management, and working effectively with individuals living with a severe and persistent mental illness.
During a stay in the Safe Haven, a guest is stabilized through an incredible community case-management support system. The Resident Managers, educated by the Guest House, are the glue that holds the program together. They provide twenty-four hour a day coverage, interacting with, monitoring and supporting each guest.
The goals of the program include to:
- Provide training in a marketable skill to program participants
- Prepare the program participants with skills for personal and
- Provide a program that will guide and assist the program participants
in building a stronger work ethic and life skills
- Provide continued case management for program participants, to
create a community in which participants can effectively maintain their sobriety and recovery from homelessness
In 1999, the Resident Manager Safe Haven program was recognized with a "Best Practice Award" from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Since 1999, over 250 formerly homeless men have re-started their careers with the Resident Manager program.
- Men's tshirts, size XL, new
- Men's tshirts, size 2XL, new
- Men's t shirts, size Medium, new
- Men's underwear, sizes S - XL, new
"I asked myself, 'Tyrone, do you love yourself?' and the people here helped me change the things about my life that were all wrong. But it all started when I began to love myself."
- Tyrone P. commenting on his graduation
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST:
© 2017 Guest House of Milwaukee | 1216 N 13th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53205 | 414-345-3240